Cluster of Museum Exhibition
In order to celebrate ‘WORLD HERITAGE WEEK-2021’, we are organising ‘Cluster of Museums’—a unique exhibition conceived in collaboration with ‘Paschimbanga Sangrahalaya Samiti’. The exhibition, with its theme of 'The Future of Museums: Recover & Reimagine’, aims to develop healthy relationships between different museums in society.
During the global pandemic, the World of Museums underwent a sea change, including the shift from physical exhibitions to online displays. However, as the world is slowly opening up, it is time we go back to embracing and celebrating the quintessential museum experience. To ensure a sustainable and viable future for the Museums, especially for the smaller yet significant ones, we must reaffirm the Museum culture for preserving our past and paving the path to the future. But can we go back to experiencing Museums in the traditional manner?
‘Cluster of Museums’ would chart a new path for our visitors as 10 museums, 1 Institute can be visited at a time under one roof. This multifaceted museum exhibition would showcase our cultural heritage, scientific achievements, and past glories by featuring diverse and rich collections from these different museums—including big names like Botanical Gallery of Indian Museum and smaller museums like Sundarban Anchalik Sangrahashala—and 4 private collections. An exchange of this kind between the Museums and the public is expected to change the way the former is viewed and experienced in today’s world. A holistic approach towards the museum experience is perhaps the best way forward for us.
- BHUBAN MUSEUM AND ART GALLERY
- BOTANICAL SURVEY OF INDIA
- CENTENARY MUSEUM, DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA
- GANDHI SMARAK SANGRAHALAYA
- MUSEUM OF SANTAL CULTURE, BISHNUBATI
- PRASANTA CHANDRA MAHALANOBIS MEMORIAL MUSEUM AND ARCHIVE- INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE, KOLKATA
- SBI ARCHIVE AND MUSEUM
- SUNDARBAN ANCHALIK SANGRAHASHALA
- THE MUSEUM AND ART GALLERY, THE RAMAKRISHNA MISSION INSTITUTE OF CULTURE, GOLPARK
- UTTAR KASIABAD MAHADEB SANGRAHALAY O GRANTHAGAR
- SOCIETY FOR HERITAGE ARCHAEOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- ALPONA by MR. RABI BISWAS
- AND SHIBORI
- PAINTINGS OF PROF. SAMAR BHOWMICK
- VOICE OF NATURAL HERITAGE – DR. SANJIT JOTDER