KCC Art Fellowship 2021-22
Download the form
KCC ART FELLOWSHIP(KAF) 2021 - 2022
After the successful and eventful first year navigated through COVID Pandemic, Kolkata Centre for Creativity is announcing its KCC Art Fellowship 2021-2022 with the aim to uplift and develop the discourse of various disciplines of art for young and emerging practitioners. KCC is offering a fellowship program to support specific research projects proposed by selected young and mid-career practitioners for a year to develop, explore and present a discourse of their choice.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Extend the support to the practitioners to own, publish research papers and projects that will
- develop new artistic language and uplift the particular discourse of art.
- Develop a group of alumni who will reach to the excellence to mentor the program under the umbrella of KCC for future generation of artists.
Who can apply
- This fellowship is exclusive for Indian Nationals only.
- Young practitioners from age 25 years to 40 years from the fields of Visual Arts, Music, Theatre and Dance. Applicants born after 1st January 1981 and before 1st January 1996 are eligible to apply.
- Minimum experience of practice needed: 5 years
- Registered research scholar, full time employees, any fellowship holders from other sources, KCC Art Fellows of the immediate two previous sessions, employees of Kolkata Centre for Creativity or Emami Art will not be eligible to apply.
- If selected, KCC Art Fellows are not eligible to take up any full time employment/ any fellowship from other sources during the period of this fellowship. In case of going against this clause, the fellowship will be cancelled immediately and the fellow will be responsible to return the already received fellowship money till that date.
- One applicant is eligible to apply for any one discipline only.
Total Number of fellowships
01 (One) of each from the fields of Visual art, Dance, Music and Theatre.
INR 1,00,000 (Indian Rupees One Lakh Only) to each selected Fellow.
Break-up of the Grant Money
- INR 8000.00 per month for 12 months + INR 4000.00 for the final production/dissertation /exhibition
- The final production/ dissertation/ exhibition will be reimbursed after the final presentation is done.
- The fellowship transaction will start only after the signing of fellowship agreement and required due process is fulfilled.
- •The fellowship will be transferred on monthly basis to the account of the fellow, from AKST/KCC.
Process of selection
- An internal committee will shortlist the applications.
- Shortlisted participants will face an online interview with an Independent Selection panel consisted of eminent practitioners and researchers of the respective fields.
- The participants will require at least an hour of uninterrupted internet connection that support clear video and audio connection to attend the interview. No other mode of interview will be arranged. Candidates are advised to work out place for their interview accordingly.
- The interview can happen in any Indian Language as per the applicant’s convenience. The applicant has to bring their own interpreter with fluency in English, to ensure quality of interpretation.
- Upon the merit of the written application and interview of the candidate, the selection panel will choose one fellow in each discipline on the following weighted criteria. The applicants must receive a minimum score in each category to be considered for a grant:
Artistic Merit 50% (minimum score of 35 out of 50)
- The artistic quality of your work
- The artistic rationale for your project
- The potential artistic outcomes
- Impact 30% (minimum score of 15 out of 30)
- The potential of the project to:
- contribute to your artistic development
- advance artistic practice
- Feasibility 20% (minimum score of 10 out of 20)
- Your capacity and experience to undertake the fellowship
- A reasonable budget, including the ability to provide adequate working conditions
Check list for Application
- Thoroughly filled up Application Form.
- Detailed bio of the applicant.
- Two letters of recommendation. (The applicant must submit two reference letters from accomplished artists working in their field of practice to be eligible to apply).
- Consent letter of the research guide. (Applicant must have a Guide to navigate their research and must be submitting a letter confirming the same from the Guide).
- Proof of age, academic qualification and experience in respective art field.
- A power point presentation/ recording/ video link of artistic work of the applicant. (Applicants are requested to comprise all of such submissions in one document/ file/ folder and NOT attached in separate email).
- All the application for this year will be received online only. Kindly submit through email with all the required attachments with “ KAF-(applicant’s name)-(Discipline)” to email@example.com within submission deadline.
- NB: No application or other attached submissions will be recognised that does not follow the mentioned format of application of KAF.
Responsibility of the fellow
- Spend the fellowship money only for the purpose of research that includes taking courses/ workshops/ travel/purchase and practice related to the research project.
- To be present in all mentoring/ capacity building sessions arranged by AKST/KCC.
- Present two interim work in progress report cum presentation in given dates for the selection panel.
- •Present a final dissertation of 5000 – 7500 words as the end-product of the research project.
Present a performance/ exhibition or presentation of any kind along with a dissertation of minimum 3000 words and the final product of the research project.
It is necessary to mention the name of KCC in the time of publication, presentation and any other work related to the topic which awardees have received the fellowship. We ask you to acknowledge that you received support from the Kolkata Centre for Creativity in any communications related to your work, your project(s), and/or your organization’s activities for which you received our support.
In written communications, please pair our logo (that we will provide you) with the following written message:
I/We acknowledge the support of Kolkata Centre for Creativity
Fellows’ written acknowledgement must use the name of Kolkata Centre for Creativity name in full (do not shorten it to KCC or Kolkata Centre
Cancellation of Fellowship
The fellowship may be terminated at any time during the tenure and the decision of KCC will be final.
- Submission of unsatisfactory interim research report.
- Deception of information about eligibility.
- Acceptance of full time research work/ employment/ fellowship from other sources.
- KCC Art Fellows are not eligible to take up any full time employment/ any fellowship from other sources during the period of this fellowship. In case of going against this clause, the fellowship will be cancelled immediately and the fellow will be responsible to return the already received fellowship money till that date.
Announcement of the fellowship - 7th January 2021
Last Date of Proposal Submission - 7th March 2021
Announcement of short-listed candidate -10th March 2021
Selection interview - 18th - 21st March 2021
Announcement of KCC Art Fellows - 23rd March 2021
Start Date of KCC Art Fellowship - 1st April 2021
1st Interim Report Submission - 27th August 2021
2nd interim Report Submission - 7th January 2022
Final Report Submission and conclusion
of Fellowship - 26th & 27th March 2022
KCC reserves the right to make necessary changes in the Important Dates if unavoidable situation arises.